performance problem

Jan 16, 2011 at 2:20 AM

I have a resultset with about 5000 lines and 6 columns. It takes about 8 minutes until the Excelsheet is rendered and delivered to the user (until "return" is called). I'm running Win 7, IIS 7.5, 2 GB Ram, Duo Core 2.53 Ghz (ok, during generation only 1 core is used), but the generation is very slow. I tried it with another resultset with about 80000 lines and my system works now for 45 minutes to complete and has still not finished the process...

using (System.IO.MemoryStream stream = new System.IO.MemoryStream())
            {
                using (System.IO.FileStream template = new System.IO.FileStream(Request.PhysicalApplicationPath + "/ExportTemplates/Billing.xlsx", System.IO.FileMode.Open))
                {
                    using (var package = SpreadsheetDocumentWrapper.Open(template, stream))
                    {
                        var table = package.WorkbookPart.GetTablePart("Table5");
                        table.Table.Fill(result);
                    }
                }

return File(stream.GetBuffer(), "application/vnd.openxmlformats", "Billed.xlsx");
            }

Is it possible to increase speed somehow?

Coordinator
Jan 16, 2011 at 10:37 AM

There is another discussion topic that covers this issue in some depth. (Some time around April 2010, I think).